Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My first post!

Well, let's see if I can figure this out. Jeff is away for the night working and here I sit, all by myself. :) It's funny how things change, isn't it. One minute you can be in school, almost worry free and surrounded by friends. Then, as time goes by, people move away, yet where you are stays the same. Well, in a way. The buildings are the same. The movement is the same. But the people aren't. And as a result, you aren't. I remember all the fun times I had with my friends. Many of them have moved away- to Calgary, California... I went from having a circle of friends to a handful of friends in the area. But you know what? It's life. God has a plan for all of us. His plan for me included getting married to a wonderful man of God whom I love dearly. His plan included moving away and supporting my husband as he goes back to school. And His plan for me included some time alone to realize that God is the only One I need. All the other things are blessings, extras. But we can't forget that God is the One who gives us those blessings. And most of all, we can't forget that we need God. So what am I trying to say? I guess I'm trying to say that if you ever feel lonely, God is there. Just go to Him and He will give you strength. "'For I know the plans I have for you' , declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'". God is in control... we'll be OK. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Jones said...

I linked you and plugged you on my blog!

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogging world :)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Welcome! This is all very exciting :) And wonderful words of wisdom :)

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erin! Welcome to the world of online journals!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home